Resources & News
Below are links to other WVU research links, government websites related to export control, export control blogs, and export control news.
If you have any questions related to interpretation of export control laws and regulations and how they apply to you, please contact the ECO. Only the ECO is authorized by WVU to contact federal agencies related to interpretation and implementation of export control laws and regulations for WVU activities.
United States Government Export Control Links
- U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security
- U.S. Department of State Directorate of Defense Trade Controls
- U.S. Department of the Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control
- U.S. Department of State Country Information
United States Government Lists of Debarred and Blocked Entities, Persons, etc.
Please note: These are some of the government maintained lists the WVU ECO checks during the screening process, but is not inclusive of all government lists. This information provided in these links is meant to provide greater clarification about the WVU ECO's procedures, not to replace the various screenings the ECO routinely performs on behalf of WVU personnel.
- U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security Lists of Parties of Concern
- U.S. Department of State Directorate of Defense Trade Controls List of Statutorily Debarred Parties
- U.S. Department of the Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control Specially Designated Nationals List
Export Control News
- Woman Indicted for Failure to File Electronic Export Information Forms (April 2016)
- AMD to License Chip Technology to China Chip Venture (April 2016)
- Export controls and the life sciences: controversy or opportunity? (April 2016)
- E-commerce and biological weapons nonproliferation (November 2015)
- Iran Deal Could Help U.S. Tech Recruiters (July 2015)
- What Every American university should know about the Deemed Export rule (June 2014)
- Export control reform (almost) reaches the finish line (May 2014)
- Exporting the Right to Privacy (May 2014)
- 7 Reasons Why Users Need to Rethink Security (January 2014)
- The Hacker Hunters (November 2013)
- We Haven’t Won Yet on Export Control Reforms (November 2013)
- Reforming Cold War-Era Export Controls (November 2013)
- U.S. Labels Nigeria’s Boko Haram as Terrorist Group (November 2013)
- Arms Export Rules Relaxed (October 2013)
- Digital dual-use: Global threat, global challenge (October 2013)